Saturday, January 26, 2013

500 Active Member Milestone!!

Greetings,

As of this morning my local time, The RPG Blog Alliance has hit a new milestone. We just hit 500 active members. I find this number amazing to say the least. As some you may know when I first decided to this, I was thinking that maybe we would have 50 sites. The fact that we have 10 times that amount today that are active just floors me. I want to thank all the members of the RPGBA because you are the people that make the RPGBA what it is.


Jeff
RPG Blog Alliance Administrator.


4 comments:

  1. Nice! Always nice when you can hit your goal and beat it by that much. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd the important thing is I when I first worked on the RSS/Atom pull code it was slow and would only do maybe 50 sites well. Luckily, I found an issue with the way I was doing things in the code that was causing the slowdown and was eating up memory. Once I rewrote that, I seemed to be able to handle a few hundred sites no problem. And now that code hasn't changed in the two years since I finalized it. Without that change, there would have been no way the RPGBA could have gotten to this size.

    ReplyDelete