Thursday, January 10, 2013

RPGBA Sites Back Online!

Folks,

Sorry about the hack. I'm not sure exactly why we were hacked. I'm glad to say that I think I have gotten about 98% of the sites back in the approval status. There may be a few sites that I'm still missing. So please check the member listing page and if your site isn't listed, please shoot us an email and re-apply your site.

For those of you with sites on the RPGBA as a precaution, I have invalidated everyone's password. You can request a password reset by using the following link. Please note that the email may end up in your SPAM filter/folder. So please check there first. If you still don't get it, please contact me.

As a side note, I will never reject an established site unless I have attempted to connect the site owner first to resolve whatever issue we have. Almost all the sites that I've ever rejected is because there was no valid feed and I was unable to communicate with the site owner. Also, I will always send a followup email and explain why a site has been rejected.

I've changed every password I can think of, hopefully this prevents future situations. Thank you for your understanding and patience in this matter.


Jeff

3 comments:

  1. Hi just got the email saying my site has been rejected. Sorry to hear about your hack. the email says to contact you via the forum, but I don't see any link on the site for that. So I'm hoping I'm in the right spot. My site rss feed is http://ElthosRPG.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting on the email, and then I will need to find my RSS feed info again to submit it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did get the password reset but it didn't seem to help or matter, and the email hasn't come in for me to re-include my blogsite yet, but I am waiting.

    ReplyDelete